Anyways, first off, the general family update. So we've now been living in England for almost 2 years and it's nice. Not much else to say I guess. The people are nice even though they have a funny way of saying things, not to mention the backward roads. Apparently, my parents like it so much here they want to stay longer, and my Dad has put in for an extension beyond the 3 years, which would mean they live here until 2010 when he retires. In the church area of our lives, my Dad has been Young Mens president since we got here, my mom is some sort of counselour (british spelling there :p) in Relief Society, I'm first assistant to the bishop in Priests quorom, Sami is a Beehive of almost a year, Darien's getting ready to turn 12 next year, Cody is now baptized and raring to leave Primary and come to youth, and of course, Dakota is now six and preparing for baptism. Heck of a sentence there...
Now for the school part. In this case, it includes the parents since they are both taking online classes to get their degrees. For my mom, it's her bachelors; for my dad, it's his masters. My mom is doin something to do with teachin kids of course, and my dad does some sort of top secret intelligence classes. No word on what he actually is taught in that class lol. I'm moving into my senior year at Alconbury High and I'm already counting down till graduation. 347 days :) My mom isn't too keen on the fact that by the time she gets her bachelors I'll be ready to start college. For right now, I'm thinking on majoring in history and becoming a history teacher in high school. Sami is moving into 8th grade next year. She obviously can't wait to become a high schooler but she isn't the only one. All those middle schoolers seem to think they are on top of the world. Speaking of middle schoolers, Darien is now goin into 6th grade. The 7 classes instead of 1 is something new for him, but like all new 6th graders, all he can think about is getting a locker. Now I'm gettin to the point where I can't even keep track of which grades the munchkins are in. Cody is in 3rd, and Dakota is goin to British school which messes it all up. He seems to enjoy it though and at one point when he first started there he came home thinking he was British. We decided to turn him away from that idea. Cody is following in his oldest brother's (aka the super genius) footsteps and is already in all the Talented and Gifted classes and still pullin off A's. I'm so proud :)
Anyways, besides the weekend trips to London and school trips to Germany on occasion, not much else to talk about here. I'm sure as soon as I post this I'll remember a bunch of new things to say but that's the beauty of blogs. I can hit the edit button. So far we don't really have any good pictures except for this one:

Hopefully when the grandparents get home and Grandpa loads his pictures up from his camera we can get a few more from their trip here seeing as how someone *cough*MOM*cough* can't seem to go a family trip without dropping/breaking the camera.
So how does a Hanson Family Reunion in England sound? :D
2 comments:
Can't wait to see you guys and catch up!!! It's been so long!!
Love,
Heather
It is always fun to get a family update from the kids point of view. W can't wait to come see you guys. Reed and Melodie
Post a Comment