So, Bill got called to be a bishop last week! We switched wards and he is now bishop for the new ward. Only a few(less than 10) families went with us from our old ward. It appears from the map that they singled out our neighborhood and drew the boundaries around it :-)
I meant to update you sooner, but after his setting apart last week I had to take Porter to the ER for croup and we have been buried in sick kids all week long.
We were well enough to go to church today, thankfully and it was interesting and fun. We knew lots of people from this ward from scouts and other things over the years, but it felt very weird to look around us and not know so many people. Im not sure I like the title of "bishops wife" but I sure heard it alot today. One probably beehive age girl(her dad was in the old bishopric) came up to me and offered to come over on Sunday mornings to help, since I have so many kids to get ready! So funny. I had lots offer to sit near us and help etc. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming.
We will miss our old ward. We have been part of it for 8 years, since before Spencer was born. It is sad and yet exciting too.
I hope all is well for your families. Keep writing in, I love checking the blog and catching up with you a bit.
Love,
Rebecca
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, you will all be busy, I have helped the last couple of counselor's wives with their kids and it is a big help to them plus fun for me. Reed loved being in the bishopric.
Reed was released as first counselor and put in the high council. So I still won't get to sit by him and now I won't even be able to smile and wink at him. But he will be great.
Melodie
Post a Comment