Sunday, August 3, 2008

New Jersey Rackham's

This summer has gone by in a blur. We had a great time with David D. in San Francsico. We loved metting the people he served with and baptized. We had great food and great memories. I lost my camera and we do not have a lot of pictures. We used my camera for most of the pictures and nobody has taken advantage of the address label on the camera. We all learned a lot of new information at Smart Marriages and David D. had a blast talking to the presenters getting their ideas on what he should do for school either MD orthe PHD route. He loved getting a jump start on what he is studying at BYU. He is going to do Neuroscience and then onto either MD or PHD in psychology. He was the hit of the confernece and everyone loved him. He is for sure on the volunteer list for life. but that is great for me because I am too and as we go our seperate ways I am guanteed a once a year sighting at Smart Marriages.

John is still struggling with his back and is now trying accupunture. It has turned out to be a blessing. A friend from his Kendo class is licensed and has been doing it for free. When she was diagnosing him she asked if his mother suffered from migranes. Of course he said yes and so I am now going too. I went once and it was great. I went in with a mirgrane starting and by the time I was done it was gone and has stayed pretty much away. Just a few twinges today but after all my years of having them I feel the best I have ever felt.

Everyone else is enjoying scout camps, youth conferences and girls camp or just being lazy as John says. I have been extremely busy this summer. I see clients 3 days a week, one day is a 12 hour day and then 2-5 hours on the other two days. I have about 15 regular clients that I am having the time of my life with. I learn so much from them. I'm not sure I give back in equal amount. I have one client who I have been able to share the gospel with and it is amazing to see the difference in his life as he start to live and do the things I teach him. He is not ready for the missionaries yet but is doing great with what I weave in as I do therapy with him. What an amazing man!

I am also busy being YW president and have enjoyed getting to know the young women in our ward. I enjoyed my first Youth Conference and am now getting ready for girls camp. At least we are in cabins this year and in upstate New York in the mountains. So I hope that it is a lot cooler.

No comments: