Sunday, August 17, 2008

Exciting day for the Wells

Today we had the priviledge of attending Stake Conference with Elder Hales in attendance. It was a great meeting. Now, of course we knew that he was coming for a couple of weeks as well as that Bill would be saying the opening prayer. What we didn't know untill 20 minutes or so before the meeting started was that our seats were reserved for us, due to Bill saying the prayer. Great, I thought, soft seats! I left the gym where we had sat down, to change and feed Porter. When I was done, I went to the chapel and expected to see my family somewhere in the chapel. I couldn't see them at first and when I did find them, they were in the front row! I mean, the very front row, no pew in front of them, on the left side of the podium. We were in clear view of Elder Hales and Elder Martino of the Seventy. I was nervous about how the little ones would behave and worried that we would be disruptive or a distraction to others. Two hours is a long time for an active 3 year old, as Im sure you all remember. But I am happy to report that the meeting went smoothly. I did have to leave twice with Porter and Annie followed me out. But the other children sat perfectly still and listened and even Annie did pretty good. At least there were no sudden, loud outbursts or tumbles off the pew like I was afraid of.

It was of course exciting to be that close up. And after the meeting we waited and were able to shake both of thier hands. Elder Martino talked to the children and asked thier names. (after he asked the obligitory "are they all yours?") When he got to Emmalie, he said that he had an Emily too and then told us that his daughter Emily married a Ben and his son Ben married an Emily! That would get confusing for sure!

Okay, Bill just told me the funniest story about Annie that I had to share. He went into the bathroom this evening cause he heard her in there talking to "herself." She was up on the counter standing with her back to the big mirror and the little hinged mirror/door shut over her so she could see multiple reflections of herself. She told Bill she was talking to her friends and her friends were all "Annies". She heard Bill telling me this just now and said "There are lots of Annies, mommy!" You can picture, this right? So funny!

I hope you all had a great Sunday and will have a wonderful week. I sure enjoy reading your entries and seeing your pictures.
Love,
Rebecca

2 comments:

Hanson's Haven said...

Thanks for sharing!! Sounds like a wonderful Sunday. It is so great when our kids surprise us. I have to say, though, that I am not surprised. You have great kids.

I can just see Annie saying that. What a cutie!

Kathy

Hanson's Haven said...

Sounds like a fun day. Kids are so cute!! I wish I had written down every time our kids had said something. (might have if we had had blogs, which is way more fun than a journal)
Melodie