Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Ashlynn Brooke Nelson

She is here and all are doing well.  We started the induction at 9:30 pm last night becuase Heather's blood pressure was staying up and she was spilling protein in urin and brisk reflexes (pre-eclampsia). Ashlynn Brooke Nelson arrived at 1148 today.  She weighed 6 lbs 14 oz and was 20 inches.  She had to spend some time in the transition nursery because she inhaled some meconium amniotic fluid.  She needed a little help until she could get of the fluid.  She was a the perfect baby all night long and her fetal monitoring was almost perfect.  But she was a little slow to pink up and her oxygen levels dropped.  But all is well and she is resting well with mom and dad.  I finally got to hold her!! and she has strawberry blond hair!!!  What a miraclous process.  I love it everytime I help and this one was even more special!!
Melodie (Grandma! really!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't believe she is already wearing a bow!! She is beautiful. Congratulations. Enjoy all the little moments they go bye so quick. I can't believe I am a great aunt. Actually I can because I am GREAT!
Love to all. GREATEST Aunt Debbie