Tuesday, December 6, 2011

"An Evening of Musical Testimonies" at Great Grandpa Hansons

Home Evening Group 7 from our BYU-I ward came to The Gardens of Rigby to present a musical program for the residents.  It was a great hit and was so enjoyable to see the faces of the residents as the youth sang familiar Christmas hymns.  Many of the residents were singing (mostly mouthing the words) along with the group.  The program was very well organized and included piano, violin, singing, and a heart felt testimony from a young freshman girl.  The group handed out a printed program to each person and we were able to follow along with the program.  HE group 7 is composed of one girls apartment, one boys apartment, and 5 local students (those living at home).  We didn't realize in September when the groups were organized that we had put such musical talent together in one group.

Following the program the kids went around to each resident and knelt beside them and visited one on one.  What a great night for the residents and what a great experience for the kids (I am old enough that I can call them kids--even when I know they are young adults).

After leaving The Gardens we all came home and had donuts (some home made by Grandma), hot apple cider (Grandma's special spiced cider), and some good laughs.  What a pleasant way to spend an evening.

No comments: