Monday, December 20, 2010

Mr & Mrs Trevor Nelson










Wow, what a whirlwind the last few days were. Flew in to SLC on Weds night, dress fitting, hair done, Bridal pictures, and endowment session on Thursday. Hair done, sealing, luncheon, fix bridesmaid's bouquets, reception, clean up on Friday. I was very glad I had someone do the decorations (set up and cleanup) and food (set up, serve, and cleanup). We hardly got to visit with people as it was. We had such a good time and we loved being in the temple with Heather and Trevor and we are so glad they are together. It still doesn't seem real that we have a daughter married but I guess that is the way life is. The highlight of the reception for Reed was the Daddy Daughter Dance! Must say it brought tears to my eyes.

We heard from them tonight. They have free international calls from the hotel so they called and are safe and having a great time. Relaxed the last couple of days and will be going to an island tomorrow, Maya ruins on Weds, zip line through the jungle and massages on Thursday and to our house on Friday. They sounded so happy and excited. They had also found out that Trevor received a 10 thousand dollar scholarship from Key Honor Society. What is really great is that it is a cash payment to them and it doesn't have to be used for tuition, which is good since they both already have scholarships paying for that. They also said he has applied for a couple of others. So I guess we won't have to worry about them eating :)

I have been busy doing laundry, cleaning house, baking cookies, and putting a couple of meals in the freezer so we will be ready for the open house next week. I have been trying to remember it is Christmas as well. I am glad I had everything done for that before I left.

Here are a few pictures that our niece took. Reed will be home tomorrow and we can post some of his many hundred that he took both at the bridal (the photographer was gracious and let him follow her around) and from the temple and reception. We really enjoyed the reception and had fun getting to met and see people we hadn't seen for years.

We are so grateful for all the family that was there. We had at least someone from every family. S0 thank you for all the effort and driving that took. We love you and Heather loved the support.

Love,
Reed and Melodie