Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Teens say funny things, too!

First, Michael is running in a 200 mile relay race this weekend. He has been training for a couple months and is really enjoying running. His team consists of the YM in the ward and a few leaders. He has 3 legs, for a total of 18 miles, including the last leg that finishes the race. We are excited to cheer him on!

Okay, so tonight as he is headed to bed he says to me "Tommorrow I need to be practically dormant."

I burst out laughing. He said "What? What does is mean then?"

Still laughing I told him to look it up.

Michael: (Reads definition aloud) "Inactive, but capable of coming back alive"

More hysterical laughing from me.

Michael continues "Eg. a volcano that is not erupting, but is not extinct"

I say (between chuckles) "so just sitting there, doing nothing, but it could be"

Michael: "EXACTLY!!! Thats what I was trying to say!"

Ha, ha, ha!

Maybe it won't strike all your funny bones like it did mine, but I think this one is going to be an ongoing joke around here.

1 comment:

Hanson's Haven said...

This is great!! But isn't all teenagers dormiate??

Mel