Sunday, September 12, 2010

What an opportunity we have and blessed we are!

I hadn't read Scott's and Tristan's blogs in a few weeks but took a few minutes this morning and realized how many missionary's we will have from our family. Here is the break down: 2 successful missions, 2 out right now, 3 more leave in the next 18 months or so,9 more to follow and that doesn't include the girls. So we will send 16 elders and have 8 potential sisters (well only 7 left since Heather is getting married). We will literally touch hunderds of people all over the world. We may have been a family of girls and none of us served a full time mission but what an opportunity we have to really make a difference. We add David's heavenly mission and we don't even know what he has accomplished yet!!! We add our husbands and their missions and influences... and it just gets better. I am so grateful to have sisters that have stayed true to the gospel and that we continue to strive to do what is right and raise our children to be close to their Heavenly Father. Love you all and Mom and Dad did all right :)
Melodie

5 comments:

Merrilie said...

I agree!!! We are one lucky family.

Hanson's Haven said...

Oh and I didn't even count Dad and Mom's mission OOPS!!! sorry.
Mel

Heather said...

That really is a neat thought Mom :) thanks for sharing!! Families are Eternal!!!! <3

Elder Sessions said...

On a related side note: I've started my papers! :)

Hanson's Haven said...

Ya!!! Exciting!! I counted you as one of the 3 leaving soon. Can't wait to hear where you will be going.
So excited for you,
Love,
Aunt Melodie