I was making an apple pie on Thanksgiving and Kyle with his 17 year old wisdom and experience (well he did receive the best FACS (home ec) student award in 8th grade)kept telling me I was making the crust wrong. I explained that I have been making GOOD pies for years and that I knew how to make a good one. Which by the way, was one of the best I have made in a long time. So I told him to bring it on and so we are in the middle of a cook off. Kyle planned, learned how to cook it (via youtube, who needs to go to culinary school if you have youtube), shopped and finally cooked his meal all by himself. We had asked our friends the Fitch's to come be the judges. Kyle's menu:
Alaskan Salmon (chicken for those who didn't like fish)
Rice
Strawberry Salad with Goat cheese!!
Rolls
Creme Brule
His presentation was outstanding and the taste fabulous. Though part of the deal was that I would not get to eat his cause it would influence what I will make. But the house smelled great and the reviews excellent. So if you have any ideas for recipes that could top this let me know. I could use some help.
Melodie
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
You can cook at my house. Scott will soon be gone and he is the one who likes to cook. he is training Joshua to keep it going for the next two years.
Post a Comment