Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Civil War Ball Renactment
















Lysa and I have been planning for this event for a year and I still managed to be sewing her dress the day before the ball. The day of the ball was dedicated to sewing the vest for the boys. We ran out of time and had to pin boys and buttons into the vest. But I have to admit they were all handsome and gorgeous. Lysa's dress turned out just like we wanted it to. There is another one right after my graduation that we are going to try and go to. Dad and Mom are going to join us. David and John wants an uniform and I will make a dress for me. We love living in this part of the country so we are able to do things like this. I love history and this is a dream come true.

2 comments:

Hanson's Haven said...

This is awesome, I love the dress, wish I had a reason to make and wear one!!
Melodie

Heather said...

WOW!!!!!!!! SO cool and fun!! I LOVE this time period and the Southern Belle dresses. SO fun! Lysa, you look absolutely stunning!!!!!! Way to girls!!!